Classes Préparatoires aux Grandes Écoles (CPGE) Whether you are in BCPST or CBGE, École des Ponts ParisTech recruits French and foreign engineering students after an annual entrance examination.
Since the academic year beginning September 2013, the School has admitted students in the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Earth Sciences (BCPST) stream. Four places are set aside in BCPST for students from the preparatory classes.
Students recruited through this channel have, after a first-year core curriculum, access to all the programs provided by the School’s six teaching faculties:
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Economics, Management, Finance
- City, Environment, Transportation
If you would like to contact BCPST students at the School, write to email@example.com
The entry examination to École des Ponts ParisTech is based on the Écoles Normales Supérieures grading scheme, with the addition of an oral examination in mathematics.
► Information on the math oral
This test lasts for 50 minutes and consists of two exercises covering the whole first and second year program in the BCPST preparatory classes. It is preceded by 15 minutes preparation time.
The math oral examination takes place at École des Ponts ParisTech. For instructions on how to access the School, click here
► Examination fee
By way of indication, the examination fee in 2016 was €100, except for scholarship students, who are exempt.
MP, PC, PSI, PT, and TSI streams
Following Classes Préparatoires aux Grandes Écoles (CPGE), France’s preparatory schools, École des Ponts recruits French and foreign engineering students in the fields of math and physics, physics and chemistry, physics and technology and physics and engineering science after an annual entrance examination.
This examination is common to 9 Grandes Écoles: Mines ParisTech, Ponts ParisTech, Supaero (ISAE), ENSTA ParisTech,Télécom ParisTech, Mines St Etienne, Mines Nancy, Télécom Bretagne, ENSAE.
► Examination procedure
- Registration dates: from December to January (all the dates are given on the Common Examination website).
- Written tests: end of April
- Results: posted in mid-June on the Common Examination website
- Orals: June and July
- Results: posted at the end of July on the Common Examination website
► Places in each Subject Area
By way of indication, the number of places available in the different subject areas are as follows:
- Math and Physics (MP): 63
- Physics and Chemistry (PC): 32
- Physics and Engineering Science (PSI): 35
- Physics and Technology (PT): 2
- Technology and Industrial Sciences (TSI): 1