École des Ponts ParisTech regularly evaluates its sustainable development and social responsibility practices (SD&SR), on the basis of the Loi Grenelle criteria proposed by the Conferences of Grandes Écoles Conference and of University Presidents. A level of self-assessment and an action plan have been set for each set of criteria.
Energy and ecological transition issues are the central focus of research at École des Ponts ParisTech. The research conducted at its laboratories contributes to nearly all of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
With research spanning a continuum between fundamental and applied research, the School has developed long-term partnerships with companies who wish to upgrade their approach to Sustainable Development through Chairs:
- Maintenance of Civil Engineering Structures
- Rail Transportation Sciences
- What Regulations for the City of Tomorrow?
- Fluid Mechanics Applied to Hydraulics and the Environment
- Sustainability of Energy-related Materials and Structures
- Forward Modelling for Sustainable Development
- Territorial Mobility
- Environmental Research Lab. Eco-design of Buildings and Infrastructure
- Supply Chain of the Future
École des Ponts ParisTech is also:
- Co-founder, with IPParis, of a new Energy For Climate (E4C) interdisciplinary centre where nearly 30 laboratories work on four cross-disciplinary themes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve energy efficiency, deploy renewable energy distribution and propose effective energy policies.
- Founding member of the Renault-ParisTech Sustainable Mobility Institute, a platform for researchers from partner engineering schools and the company's employees to develop and grow research programmes to support new mobilities.