The Scientific and Technical Information (IST) pole develops expertise in information research, document monitoring and document engineering. Its mission is to provide the resources and services necessary for researchers in the École's laboratories to carry out their research projects. It works to enhance the value of the École's scientific production through its actions in favor of open science.
Opened in January 2011 and initiated by the Library in collaboration with the Research Department, École des Ponts ParisTech’s HAL portal reports and showcases the scientific production of the School’s laboratories.
The purpose of the platform is to:
- make scientific publications internationally visible and accessible,
- disseminate the knowledge produced at the School for research purposes,
- increase the number of documents deposited by informing and training depositors,
- improve the interface, enhanced content, and develop services (retrospective deposit, automatic webpage generation, creation of collections for distinguished researchers, production of the School’s activity report) in close collaboration with the different actors involved: Research Department, laboratories, Centre for Direct Scientific Communication, Couperin.
• 18,612 documents deposited as of October 5, 2016, 34% of them in full text version
• 1818 documents deposited in 2015, 766 in full text version
• 80,332 documents downloaded in 2015