June 2012 for a five-year period
For the School:
- Nacima Baron Yellès, Director of research for the City Mobility Transportation laboratory
- Pierre Sallenave, Chairman of the City Environment Transportation Department
For Gares & Connexions:
- Frédéric Michaud, Director of Development for Gares & Connexions
- Etienne Tricaud, Chairman of the Board of the AREP Group
To consolidate, in an international framework around the School and in close concert with Gares & Connexions, a world ranking educational and research program on stations, the new spaces of public mass transit.
- The development of crosscutting approaches to the future of stations and collaboration with SNCF Gares & Connexions to construct an integrative and evolving vision of the future of a station project, conceived as part of an urban or metropolitan plan.
- Elucidation for SNCF of the structural changes that underpin negotiation with the public actors on station projects.
- Exploration of development strategies for almost 3000 French stations of all kinds and all sizes, taking into account the territorial variations in specific problems.
- Reinforcement of the role of SNCF as the benchmark player in the development and management of stations in Europe and around the world.
The research topics
- Travel modeling, station size planning, and management of intermodality in station hubs
- Planning of station districts
- Anticipating mobility practices
- Behavioral trends
- Service trends
- Institutional innovations
Results produced by the Chair will be published
Contributions to teaching
École des Ponts will offer course or project modules that deliver multidisciplinary teaching on the big challenges of station planning, regulation, and management, focusing on a series of conceptual models and methodological tools for handling them. The theoretical presentations will be systematically accompanied by the presentation of real-world cases, which will be further explored through student studies, dissertations, and learning projects (end of program projects).