The DIGITAL BUILDING DESIGN Mastère Spécialisé® - Executive Master provides attendees with a cross-disciplinary culture of computational design and comprehensive knowledge of cutting-edge technologies in the fields of parametric architecture, advanced geometry, robotics and digital manufacturing for the construction industry. The program is designed for a selected group of architects, engineers, designers and digital artists and offering a variety of courses, fabrication and prototyping workshops, conferences, digital talks and networking events. It is a real opportunity to enter an international ecosystem of architectural innovation.
Innovation in a dynamic learning environment
DIGITAL BUILIDING DESIGN has three main goals:
- Provide attendees with a solid knowledge of parametric generative design and computer aided manufacturing.
- Give students a broad set of expertise to take advantage of digital manufacturing technologies (3D printing, Robotics, CNC prototyping, etc.).
- Encourage a process-oriented approach to design based on optimization approaches and the use of environmental data in architecture.
- INNOVATION: the digital revolution is changing our way of using and thinking about objects and spaces: enter the world of non-standard design and evolutive architecture.
- TRANS-DISCIPLINARITY: learn how to use computation and data to drive your design in architecture, urbanism and engineering.
- EXCELLENCE: an augmented learning process based on ongoing alternation between theory, design applications and prototyping, hosted in one of the most prestigious engineering schools in the world.
- NETWORKING: embrace collaborative cultures and join an international network of architectural and engineering innovation. A strong connection between research and industry.
At the end of the training, graduates will:
- have the know-how to innovate their design workflow using a computational and collaborative approach towards architecture and engineering
- have a complete understanding of tools for digital design and robotic manufacturing
- design, manage and build non-standard objects and complex geometries
"In her words"
Célia Bugniot, graduate of the Design by Data Executive Master 2018 session
Your career prospects
The program prepares graduates for a number of high-level positions in architectural design with a strong emphasis on digital innovation, computational robotics and manufacturing. Graduates of the program may qualify for positions in architectural offices, urban design studios, construction firms specialized in complex geometry, robotics and digital fabrication, graphic design, art studios, consulting innovation firms, 3D printing platforms and software development companies.
Holders of this program will pursue the following careers, from amongst others
- Project Manager
- Computational Designer
- Façade consultant
- Structural engineer expert in complex geometry
- Fablab Director
- Chief Design Officer
- Interaction Designer
- Robot and Drone Designer
Aymeric de la Bachelerie, from HDA (one of the Program Partner)