The Ecole des Ponts accompanies higher education institutions in in fast growing economy countries in the world, in order to: Improve the quality of training and its relevance to the labour market and society; Improve the level of competences and skills by developing or modernizing curricula; Strengthen management, governance and innovation capacities, as well as the internationalization of institutions, factors of sustainability.
Since 2017, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech has been a member of the improvement council of the Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique de Nouakchott - Mauritania. In this capacity, it contributes to the renovation of Mauritanian engineering training courses led by the Mauritanian government.
It is a collaborative and collective project involving representatives of French, Moroccan and Tunisian academic institutions, as well as the French Embassy in Mauritania.
A complete restructuring of engineering training in Mauritania has indeed begun through the merger of the 3 schools into one, the ESP (Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique) which brings together 6 engineering training courses (6 departments), a preparatory institute for the Grandes Ecoles of Engineering, and higher institutes of trades.
The development council assists the teams of the ESP Nouakchott in particular on the following themes:
- Governance model
- Internationalization of the institution and training
- Evaluation of training modules
- Involvement of companies in the curricula
- Quality approach and continuous improvement
This collaborative work is intended to accompany the ESP in its reform with the aim of aiming for accreditation by the CTI (Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs).
For more information, please click here:
- Article on the 5th seminar on the renovation of Mauritanian engineering courses / website of the French Embassy in Mauritania (https://mr.ambafrance.org/5eme-seminaire-sur-la-renovation-des-cycles-de-formation-d-ingenieurs)